Youth Red Cross (YRC)
Dr.J.Sulaiman receiving Red cross life membership certificate
Youth represent a substantial part of the membership of Red Cross for its humanitarian commitment. Young volunteers can make a significant contribution to meeting the needs of the most vulnerable people within their local communities through Red Cross youth programme. This has been designed to involve young people as much as possible in the movement and its activities not only as workers and also as beneficiaries, but as partners in management. The programme focuses on the following areas:
- Promote life and health through training and education on safety, primary health care and healthy living
- Encourage community service through training and education
- Disseminate the seven fundamental principles of Red Cross and Red Crescent movement through activities that encourage the Red Cross ideals
- Promote international friendship with activities that cultivate a humanitarian spirit
- Technical support in the development of youth programmes, fund-raising, identification of material and human resources
Youth Red Cross (YRC) is a voluntary service body of our university which supports Humanitarian services to the fellow human being in Health related services to the community through Voluntary Service YRC also provide training to develop leadership quality and overall personality improvement of the students by organising and participating in the activities of YRC. The students have to participate / coordinate in the various activities of YRC and earn 200 Points in an academic year .Students participate in the below given program will earn 25 points / programme. The over all coordinator of a particular programme will earn 50 points .
YRC &Rotaract Club, Red Ribbon Club and Citizen Consumer Club
Programme Officer & Faculty Counsellor
Dr. J. Sulaiman, M.Com., M.Phil., Ph.D., M.A(PA)., M.B.A., PGDFT.
Some of the activities of YRC are
- Blood Donation Camps
- Orphanage Visits
- Anti Smoking and Drug Abuse Lectures
- Health Screening Camps
- First Aid Training programmes
- Environment awareness camps
- Clean and green in our campus
- Other Voluntary / Social Service Activities
and more related program depending the need and requirement for the student community.
YRC Traffic Project at Royapettah Signal